A round-up of our sports successes this year.
Tag Rugby – 4th place (A team) and 6th place (B team) in HSSP led competition. There was no opportunity for a progressive pathway for this event.
Netball – 3rd place (A team) and 4th place (B team). Both teams narrowly missed out on the final match with the top two teams progressing to the regional/district finals. They ended up playing each other in the 3rd/4th play off.
Hockey – 3rd place (A team) with the top 4 teams progressing to the regional/district finals. The A team won all group matches before narrowly losing 1-0 in the semi-final. We drew 0-0 in the 3rd/4th play off but finished 3rd due to a superior goal difference.
Year 3 football HAPP tournament – winners – won every match without conceding a goal.
Year 5 football HAPP tournament – 2nd place after winning every group game.
Year 3,4,5 Walters cup – reached Quarter final stage.
Mixed year 5/6 – runners up in HSSP event losing narrowly by 5 runs. Top two teams moved to the district/regional finals. Here we came 5th as the best placed HSSP team.
Year 5/6 girls – runners up in HSSP event losing only one match. Here the top 3 teams moved to the district/regional finals. Here we came 2nd place after winning every group stage match. We finished as the best placed HSSP team.
Athletics – Mixed year 5/6 boys and girls ‘small school’ winners!
PE and Sport Premium
The PE and Sport Premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.
Schools must use the funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that the premium should be used to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, the funding may be used to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Please click the link for more information about our PE and Sports Premium.
Below is the link to show how we have spent our P.E funding this year.